Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Check-in

Hi folks. Things are crazy busy here at Chez Meg In The Kitchen. Classes started this past week. I have two pot luck cookouts this weekend. The cookout today is a fundraising effort for a local group started by some friends. They approached me about doing something special for the cookout. Of course I said yes! I'm bringing 4 batches of ice cream, frozen yogurt and sorbet plus waffle cones! I can't wait to show and tell you all about that one!

I had originally planned on four classes this semester. The first day of classes someone dropped their place in the Petit Fours class. I had wanted it, but thanks to Web Advisor I didn't get it. My advisor and the department head were kind enough to save that place for me. Now I have five classes this semester. If I don't lose my mind before Fall Break it'll be a miracle. However it also means that I can definitely finish this program in two years. Two years! I remember when I started I thought two years was going to drag on. Ha! It's flown by!

I'm really looking forward to this semester. I posted my schedule to the right. I'll post more about each class later this week. I'm really excited about these classes. I feel like I will not only be challenged, but get more time with certain products. We started my Dessert and Bread Production class with a laminated dough. Huzzah! I definitely wanted more time with that.

I'm off to cookout number two! I'm still weeding through the France trip photos. Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

I'm so glad you're still really enjoying the courses Meg.
Can't wait to hear about the ice creams and sorbets.

CailinMarie said...

yay!
I am jealous home made ice cream & frozen yogurt & sorbet and waffles cones!! ooh la la!
I am sure the Petit Fours class will be worth it!
cool.

f. pea said...

The ice cream & sorbet were delicious! I could eat the goat cheese ice cream by the gallon. YUM. So great to see you on Sunday.

peewee said...

OH how I did schooling wrong! I so wish that had been my list of classes!!!! SOOOOO WISH!

peewee said...

HEY!! How is everything?? Are u done with school? Still immersed in phyllo dough? Just curious :) I still dream of your jam :)

interestingplaces said...

Love reading your posts very interesting and the pictures are amazing too. Start following your blog....Please check out my blog and do leave a comment too...it woulg be great if you could also be my follower. Thank you,have a nice day. :)
http://interestingplace1.blogspot.com

FoxyMoron said...

Where are you Meg? I miss you!