Friday, August 21, 2009

Safety and Sanitation class, Day One

Today was the first real day of Safety and Sanitation. We started class with You Tube videos about restaurant health inspections. Some of these videos are reenactments and some are filmed with hidden cameras. Either way, the information is real. Very, very real. People were shouting out, "Eeeew!" and "oh my god!" while we were watching them. You can't make this stuff up! I'm posting a link which you are welcome to check out.

Our county's website and a local tv station both have links to look up heath inspection reports of local restaurants. This information is available to the public, regardless of where you live in the US. Foodborne illness is no joke. I encourage you to look for this information in your area. Check out your favorite restaurants. How do they measure up? Please also remember that for every restaurant with these ridiculous violations, there are many more who work really hard to comply with health code regulations.


Not for the easily queasy!
Watch at your discretion.
Health Inspection Video

1 comment:

peewee said...

You should see the versions for workplace safety! Hilarious and bad horror movie blood gushing. I couldn't watch your link YET because I am still drinking my morning double mocha. And I just can't see someone burning in a kitchen fire or chopping off their hand.